Monday 30 March 2009

Cable - Live At Brixton Prison EP
















I was so into these guys. Still am, but they’ve not been around for a while now. Went to the last show at Dingwalls some... 10 years ago (?), and it was all very emotional. They had various record company problems, as I remember, and it all went pear-shaped.

At their height (and after a band I was in named ourselves San Quentin, at least slightly because of these guys) they played a show at Brixton Prison, and released this.

I once did karaoke in Athens, Georgia, and screwed up the start of Ring Of Fire because I did it with their timing.

1. Ultra Violet
2. Blue Birds Are Blue
3. Ring Of Fire
4. Seventy
5. San Quentin
6. Oubliette

Right about now.

2 comments:

  1. I love Cable - still one of my favourite bands of all time. I was at that gig too - I remember A supported along with Jack Plug (Jeremy) from Done Lying Down. You were in San Quentin? So where are all the Archers of Loaf and Small 23 singles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly, rapidshare link does not exist by now.

    ReplyDelete