Monday 21 December 2009

Swell - The Trip 7"



You'll like this. Enough said, I know, my trusting readers, but this is really good. It also (and I didn't realise this until listening through again today) has the worst attempt at disguising the word "fucked" I've ever heard! Not even close. I guess this is the radio version...

You may know them already, but if you don't then this is a great way to find out. The single's off what I think is their best LP - 'Too Many Days Without Thinking' - but that's out of the only three of their records I know. I saw them years back at Dingwalls in London, and they were great. A proper band, this lot. You might get the idea from this song.

Anyway, putting aside the nonsense above, here is a great a-side, and two b-sides which must only just have missed the cut for the album. Especially 'Easy', which is a great track. Country rock, if you must know. But not that way. The good way.

1. (I Know) The Trip
2. So Would I
3. Easy

Here y'are.

1 comment:

  1. You're quite right, they are a great band. I haven't got this or the album it's from but their album "Whenever You're Ready" is one of my favourite albums ever. Top stuff. I'll have to track this one down now as well.

    ReplyDelete