Monday 7 December 2009

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Train #3/#1 7"



What are the chances? Both tracks on this 7" are exactly 2:03 long. I know. That's the kind of coincidence that makes you wonder, doesn't it..?

Enough of this nonsense. I don't really know anything about either of these songs, other than they're both great. I can't tell you if they're off an LP, or a series of singles, or what. I can't remember where I bought this record, either. What I do know is that 'Train #3' includes a lot of shouting of "explosion", which you can't knock. 'Train #1" has an awesome start. They're both noisy, and they are 100% superb. Really, really great. And it came with a jukebox insert.

"All aboard... THE BLUES EXPLOSION!"

Tickets and fares here.

p.s. I can't help noticing that, after being up for nearly 24 hours, no-one has listened to this record. I should impress upon you all that it is superb, and you should check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Train #2 is on the Extra Width album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing this. Loved the first few BE albums and it's been awhile, so cheers! Just found you, by the way, and loving your work.

    ReplyDelete