Saturday 27 February 2021

Movietone - Mono Valley 7"


This is possibly another repost... But looks like if I posted it before it was at 160kbps, and like I said, I have a new turntable.

More of the Bristol thing, and the Planet thing. Movietone this time, pretty chilled stuff, but remember I mentioned the saxophone on the Crescent b-side? Well, it's back. If you liked it then, you'll love it now. If you found it unaccountably irritating then you will have to put up with it again. I remember, even at the time, thinking that the sax on some of Movietone's stuff was very annoying. But it's not all the way through.

I'm assuming the saxophone player from Movietone isn't going to read this.

1. Mono Valley
2. Under The 3000 Foot Red Ceiling

Free jazz here.




1 comment:

  1. She Smiles Mandarine Like was a Peel fave, but that was melodica driven :D Great band with shades of Stereolab in my mind.

    ReplyDelete