Tuesday 4 January 2011

Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Young Girls & Happy Endings 7"



Happy New Year everyone, and I hope that 2011 is everything you hope it will be. As a celebration, here's a song about happy endings. The a-side appears to be a release all to itself, as it's not on an album, but is on the US version of 'Barafundle' as a bonus track. The b-side is off that album.

This song is great! I don't know if you're familiar with the band (you should be - I posted something a while back...) but this is a typically cheerful, poppy bit of Indie goodness. It's really good, one of my favourite re-discoveries of the last few months for sure. The b-side is also excellent, bit less cheerful, but has a great hypnotic ending.

And what a sleeve!

1. Young Girls & Happy Endings
2. Dark Night

Here!

And hey - how come some of the uploads I've done have been downloaded off Mediafire before I post them here? Is there a way to get in and see what's there before I post the link? Stop spoiling the surprise...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting gorky's. I have this on 7'' and it's great to hear again.

    The link from the Twisted Nerve record is your mediafire account - all uploads are visible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it! It's a great song, isn't it?

    Thanks also for letting me know about the link - amended it now. What a dumbass. My Christmas present to everyone was my Mediafire account...

    ReplyDelete
  3. found the 7" for 50p in a charity shop the other day - great track, great b-side, great wee band x

    ReplyDelete