Friday 17 December 2010

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - Firmament Vacation 7"



This song is bloody great. From memory, this band are (were?) Swedish, and the singer is (was?) a big fat man who wears (wore?) huge carpet-type cloak things on stage. I heard this track before a Glastonbury festival many years back and went to see them because of it. The LP this comes from is loooong, and I'm not sure I ever got through it, but this song is a slice of rock goodness.

The b-sides are also good, the first one more than the second, but both worth a listen. I hope you like it.

1. Firmament Vacation (A Soundtrack of Our Lives)
2. Greatest Hits Providers
3. Cleaning Session Raga

Hear it here.

P.S. I have finally found the Christmas 7" I was searching for last year, and in the next couple of days it's going to be here. It's brilliant, and it's been worth y'all waiting a year...

1 comment:

  1. They are still very much around and making music as good as this, if not better. They released a double album last year called 'Communion' and have just put out a best of collection in Sweden. one of my fave bands, actually.

    ReplyDelete