Monday 12 July 2010

The Delgados - Pull The Wires From The Wall 7"



So here's what I found in the Grandaddy sleeve! If you've checked the comments on the last post then you've had a sneak preview from Andy Silver Rocket (he sings it beautifully).

Funny band, this lot. Never got that into them, to be honest, but I heard this single on John Peel's show one night and went out to buy it the next day. Loved it then, love it now. I'm not even sure what it is about it, but it's just SUCH a good song. I hope you can see why I was pissed off to have lost it - still had the sleeve, but not the record. Now happily reunited.

The b-side's not so much to my taste, although well worth checking out, as I think it's probably more typical of their output. It's not bad at all, and has something of the Pavement about it, but very much of its time, I'd say. The ending's nice. However, this one, for me, is all about the single, like this paragraph is all about the commas.

1. Pull The Wires From The Wall
2. Mauron Chanson

Hear it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment