Friday 29 May 2009

Massive Attack - Intertia Creeps



Perhaps not stylistically entirely in keeping with the rest of the blog, but you gotta branch out, right? In my opinion Mezzanine is the best Massive Attack record (I never really liked Blue Lines that much. Does that make me a bad person?) and this is a good single off it. There's one proper b-side, which is also good, although you can tell why it wasn't on the album.

The remixes are what this single's all about - and the first one's by the Manic Street Preachers! I seem to remember that Massive Attack remixed one of their tracks at a similar time, but I don't remember which (anyone?) They've done a good job. The Alpha mix is kind of loungey, and the State of Bengal mix includes members of Ananda Shankar's band. 'Back/Shecomes' is also a remix, but they've chopped the vocals around.

Good stuff this. Horizon-widening, if somehow you don't know these guys. Sorry about the slightly shonky artwork, but I can't make my scanner work today so I've nicked it off someone else.

1. Inertia Creeps (album version)
2. Reflection
3. Inertia Creeps (Manic Street Preachers version)
4. Inertia Creeps (Alpha mix)
5. Back/Shecomes
6. Inertia Creeps (State of Bengal mix)

Here you are. Now go and play in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me - wasn't there a Chemical Brother's remix of the Manic's Everything Must Go as the theme tune to Gran Turismo on the Playstation 1? It was actually quite good as I very dimly recall.

    ReplyDelete